European Climate Pact Ambassadors inform, inspire and support climate policy and action in their communities and networks. They also connect their networks with others in the Climate Pact.
We are currently welcoming Ambassador applications only from individuals who are leaders in: local communities, networks, civil society organisations, youth and student initiatives, as well as mayors, other public office holders, opinion leaders and influencers, from across Europe.
Applicants must be located in an EU country to become an Ambassador of the European Climate Pact.
Alternatively, if you do not fit this criteria, you can become a ‘Friend of the European Climate Pact’ – find out more information below.
- Lead by example: showcase your dedication to the fight against climate change, including through climate action and environmental protection.
- Inspire others to take climate action: encourage citizens, public and private organisations, as well as local, regional and national governments, to get involved in tackling climate change. Call on relevant stakeholders and policy makers to deploy ambitious measures and practical support mechanisms to accelerate systemic changes.
- Connect with others: network with likeminded individuals, work together with different stakeholders from across Europe, and benefit from updates on EU climate policy and other EU related policies in support of decarbonisation.
As a European Climate Pact Ambassador, you will act in your personal or in your professional capacity representing your organisation, not on behalf of the European Commission. Being an Ambassador does not involve organisational or financial support from the Commission. The European Commission reserves the right to select the Ambassadors based on an overall consideration of the objectives, values and ongoing development of the initiative.
We are currently seeking out the following individuals to become European Climate Pact Ambassadors:
- Community, civil society, NGOs, education, arts, youth and student group leaders as well as influencers and opinion leaders, with a commitment to climate action and advocacy
- Mayors, parliamentarians, policymakers and other public office holders with a commitment to climate action and ambition
- Representatives of pledging organisations with commitment to ambitious climate action
Across all categories:
- Ambassadors should have made a Climate Pact Pledge on behalf of your organisation/group. Make yours now.
- Ambassadors commit to respecting the Pact’s values
- Ambassadors should be a resident of an EU Member State
Current Ambassadors who are nearing the end of their Ambassadorship period will be offered renewal options. The Secretariat will reach out about this around the end of your Ambassadorship, you can also contact us proactively at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Across all categories, we especially encourage the application of women who are currently underrepresented in the ambassador community
- Recognition from the European Commission and an individual biography on the European Climate Pact website
- Access to a local as well as European-wide network of Climate Pact Ambassadors
- Access to resources and toolkits on climate change, the Pact, tools for engaging and communicating with others
- Use of European Climate Pact branded materials for the creation of web and social media
- Opportunities to gain visibility for your climate action and advocacy on the Pact website and social media content
- Opportunities to participate in European Climate Pact events across Europe
- Dedicated access to online and in-person workshops with European Commission policy experts on climate action related topics, as well as ad-hoc capacity building support
- Raising awareness of the causes and impacts of climate change
- Promoting individual and organisational climate action in your network, including Pact pledging
- Participating in public and private events as a representative of the European Climate Pact.
- Communicating on your climate action and ambition and the Pact activities at large
- Organisation of online and offline events and thematic discussions, such as Peer Parliaments
- Organising activities related to climate and environmental action, for example, planting trees, car free days, information and awareness days
- Connecting local climate activists with other relevant networks and stakeholders
- Exchanging knowledge through peer-to-peer learning
- Testing climate solutions so that they can be replicated and spread
Friends of the Climate Pact
Are you are interested in taking climate action in your country, individually or together with a group of likeminded people? Then, become a Friend of the Climate Pact!
Friends of the Climate Pact are also encouraged to create and disseminate European Climate Pact-branded communication materials that may also feature on the European Commission’s social media channels.
Unlike Ambassadors, Friends of the Climate Pact are not required to make an organisational pledge nor fit the criteria described above.
- Showcase your dedication and action to making Europe greener and become part of your country’s Climate Pact community
- Get involved with the organisation of local climate action events and initiatives
- Meet like-minded people
Friends of the Climate Pact are based in one of the EU Member States. Friends are directly appointed by European Climate Pact Country Coordinators. Please contact your Country Coordinator to find out more – please find the list here.