The Toolkit provides guidance regarding the information needs, preferred communication channels and types of materials of different segments of children aged 5-18. It outlines key characteristics and needs of the main segments of 5-18 year-olds, including:
- Demographic data impacting the differences in learning about the EU in the Member States, particular the needs of children from migration backgrounds.
- Socio-economic factors e.g., rural versus urban environments, young people not in education, children at risk of social exclusion or poverty.
- Interests and specific needs of children with various physical, mental, intellectual, or sensory impairments and/or difficulties.
The document is composed of two parts:
- The main steps of an outreach strategy to guide author services through the recommended steps on the design, development and distribution of their materials for 5-18 year olds; and
- The Toolkit for the development of materials and activities for children aged 5-18 with practical information on how to reach and engage with different segments of children.
Publication Date: 25 June 2021
European Commission websites in the europa.eu domain may contain “external links” to websites in domains other than europa.eu, which may not be owned or funded by the European Commission, over which Commission services have no control and for which the Commission assumes no responsibility.
When visitors to European Commission websites choose to follow a link to any external website, they leave the official domain of the European Commission, and are subject to the cookie, privacy and legal policies of the external website.
Compliance with applicable data protection and accessibility requirements of external websites linked to from Commission websites in the europa.eu domain, falls outside the control of the European Commission and is the explicit responsibility of the external website.
For “external links” owners:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to remove or amend the link for your website from this EC webpage.