- Organisation type
Fundación Galicia Europa’s pledge aims to promote European Green Deal’s delivery by providing both information and training and by raising awareness on green transition-related topics.
The Fundación Galicia Europa (FGE) will pledge to achieve the following goals:
1. From September 2020 to December 2021, organisation of at least 22 online events on the European Green Deal (EGD) under the name “FGE | Next Generation Galicia". Our target is to get involved at least 100 representatives of the Galician Government (Xunta de Galicia), of which 50 will attend these meetings more than once.
2. From September 2020 to December 2021, specific training in the field of the EGD and the ecological transition by organising 6 editions of "TecEuropa", a training course on EU funding targeted to Galician project managers. All TecEuropa editions include a training session on the EGD. Our target is to train more than 200 people in the whole period.
3. Promotion of new sustainable tourism models in the region of Galicia, with a special focus on the Way of St. James by raising awareness among Galician citizens about the possibilities of moving towards sustainable tourism through training. Our target is to carry out at least two sustainable tourism training courses between 2020 and 2021, gathering more than 100 participants. In addition, FGE also wants to bring the Galician perspective on sustainable tourism to the European Committee of the Regions’ arena by giving
support to the Galician CoR representative when promoting the Way of St. James.
4. Cooperation with youth associations to promote green values. An example is the dissemination of "A tree for Europe" in our social media accounts, a campaign of the Spanish association “Equipo Europa”. In this sense, our target is to get a minimum of 10 Galician municipalities involved in the campaign.
5. Organisation of side events (climate action activities, training courses, exhibitions, conferences) to raise awareness about the European Green Deal. For instance, in July 2021, FGE organised in Santiago de Compostela a travelling exhibition on the EGD. Our target was to raise awareness at least among 100 Galician citizens.
6. Dissemination of the "Count us in" platform, by posting tips related to reduction of greenhouse gases. Our aim is to translate awareness into concrete action on a daily basis. Our target is to reach at least 10 500 views thanks to 36 "climate advice" posts.
7. Dissemination of the Galician government’s coordination in the region of the Covenant of Mayors’ initiative, as well as the Galician Climate Alliance. Our aim is providing at least 100 citizens with information about the Covenant of Mayors through different channels (both TecEuropa and “FGE | Next Generation Galicia” meetings, social media …).
8. In the framework of the Conference on the Future of Europe, organisation of events on the European Green Deal targeted to young people. Between 2020 and 2021, our target is to organise at least 4 events focus on climate action gathering 100 young people.
Status date: Submitted (27/09/2021)
Data source: http://www.fundaciongaliciaeuropa.eu/