- Organisation type
Our actions – the Pathway
- Inform Swedish consumers of which actions they can take to prevent damage and reduce the risk of loss relating to non-life insurance and hereby contribute to a reduction of the negative effects on the environment and therefore climate change
Through our website and other channels, the Swedish Consumers’ Insurance Bureau today reach around 3 million Swedish consumers per year. We will now intensify our efforts to inform Swedish consumers of which actions they can take to prevent damage and reduce the risk of loss relating to non-life insurance. Through this initiative, we will contribute to a reduction of the negative effects on the environment and therefore climate change. We will achieve results through highlighting the importance of prevention of damage and loss in the following manner.
- Ongoing development of our website as regards information on measures to prevent damage and loss.
- Provision of guidance and good examples in news articles, social media and in contacts with journalists (this depends on the occurrence of climate related incidents for example floods and storms where media often contact us as legal experts of insurance. But our target is minimum 12 articles, social media posts and number of journalists).
- We will emphasise the importance of prevention of damage and loss in the training that we organise or participate in (our target is 13 trainings where we will speak about preventive measures with respect to non-life insurance).
- We will engage in continuous dialogue with the insurance companies regarding the information which they provide to their customers on available measures to prevent damage and loss (our target is to contact 7 insurance companies and speak about preventive measures with them).
We will measure the results of our efforts after 12 months.
Status date: Self-reported (13/11/2021)
Data source: https://www.konsumenternas.se