From food and clothes to cosmetics and mobile phones, our consumption has a considerable impact on the planet. Want to tackle that challenge? Then raise your voice at our upcoming Youth Dialogue!
Here’s what you need to know…
Event: European Climate Pact Youth Dialogue
Date: 7 April
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Live Online
How can I join? Via Facebook
You’ll be able to submit your questions and comments while watching online.
Interested in learning more? Here’s what the EU is doing.
Our future relies on our ability to transition to a circular economy – not only ensuring that companies manufacture goods in a sustainable way, but also changing our own habits as consumers to repair, reuse and recycle products, giving them a second life wherever possible.
2022 is the European Year of Youth and we want to hear from young people across Europe! Share your concerns on issues like overconsumption, waste and planned obsolescence, but also your ideas for making the future of Europe greener and more sustainable for everyone.
Join our Climate Pact Youth Dialogue with Executive Vice-President of the European Commission Frans Timmermans, young Climate Pact Ambassadors and youth civil society organisations, to discuss:
- How to ensure that shoppers have access to information about the sustainability of products they buy, from food to electronics.
- How to avoid greenwashing and ensure that consumers can trust the sustainability claims made by producers.
- How to design products that have a longer lifespan to avoid ‘planned obsolescence’.
- How to make our energy consumption greener and less dependent on fossil fuels.
- How to make the fashion industry more sustainable with less waste.
Frans Timmermans, European Commission Executive Vice-President
Biliana Sirakova, EU Youth Coordinator
Speakers (EU Climate Pact Ambassadors)
- Nadia Paleari
- Giacomo Arrigo Pieretti
- Fotios Kotzakioulafis
- Suzanne Groenewoud
- Zuzanna Borowska
- Morgan Janowicz
- Nuno Gaspar
- Maria Teresa Parreira
- Dunja Trifunović
- Anar Ahmad-zada
- Jelena Mugoša
- Yohana Fontenla
- Lidia Martin
- Hlib Mikhno
Participants from European Youth Forum
Stay up to date, register to the Climate Pact newsletter here!
- Paskelbimo data
- 31 kovas 2022