Germany is making great strides in openBIM and working with buildingSMART Standards and Services became widespread practice.
- adaptation to climate change | green infrastructure | climate change
The BIM Champions competition by buildingSMART Deutschland features outstanding BIM projects and works from all over Germany from five categories:
- Construction (also construction operations)
- Operation/maintenance (also management)
- Construction suppliers (manufacturer, distribution, trade)
- Sustainability in planning, construction or operation (focus: resource conservation and environmental protection)
- Work of trainees and students
The timeline in detail:
- August 30, 2021: Online launch of the application platform (expected).
- September 30, 2021: Submission deadline for the first phase
- December 15, 2021: Jury decision on the finalists
- February 28, 2021: Submission deadline for the final phase
- May 3, 2022: Award ceremony and honoring of the BIM Champions 2022 on the eve of the 19th buildingSMART User Day in Dresden.
Please note that the entries (in German) are allowed from companies, organisations, universities and students based in Germany.
Satellite events are organised by individuals or organisations across Europe in contribution to the European Climate Pact. The events are held under the responsibility of the organisers indicated in the description, and the information given or opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Commission.