This meeting aims to discuss the role historic urban districts can play in making European cities climate neutral and more resilient.
- cultural heritage | urban habitat
- Pieejams tiešraides straumējums
- ICLEI Europe
This meeting aims to discuss the role historic urban districts can play in making European cities climate neutral and more resilient. For this purpose, the new EU Task Force for Climate Neutral and Resilience Historic Urban Districts will officially be launched, connecting public and private actors in related fields. The Task Force is promoted by the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Actions ARCH, HYPERION, and SHELTER.
Starting from four short presentations on the issues the Task Force aims to tackle, a panel of representative actors will discuss issues, gaps, opportunities, and good practices for achieving climate neutrality and strengthening the resilience in and with historic urban districts.
- General introduction of the topic
- Climate change effects as experienced in historic urban districts
- Finding adaptation/mitigation solutions for historic urban districts
- Role of historic urban districts in climate adaptation/mitigation, resilience, sustainable dev't.
A panel discussion and organisational discussion will follow.
Registration: Send an email with name and affiliation (if any) to email@example.com
Satellite events are organised by individuals or organisations across Europe in contribution to the European Climate Pact. The events are held under the responsibility of the organisers indicated in the description, and the information given or opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Commission.