The European Climate Pact invites everyone to participate in climate action and build a greener Europe. The online launch event took place on 16 December 2020.
- climate change
- English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
Watch the launch event
Watch a recording of the launch event featuring:
- Climate talks by special guests focusing on concrete climate actions in our everyday life
- Introduction of the first #EUClimatePact Ambassadors
- A discussion on upcoming Climate Pact pledges
- Participation of Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice-President of the European Commission responsible for the European Green Deal
Check-in and welcome – get your Sli.do ready!
Welcome by Beatriz Ríos, moderator
Climate talks by special guests on climate action in everyday life
Keynote interview with Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice-President for the European Green Deal, European Commission
Meet the first European Climate Pact Ambassadors
Discussion between Ambassadors and EVP Timmermans and virtual dialogue with the audience via Sli.do
Join the action: Climate pledges
Making a pledge:
Exploring climate action in practice:
Closing and next steps – with a Christmas surprise
To capture the wealth and diversity of climate action in Europe, we are inviting everybody to organise Climate Pact satellite events.
Such events – big and small, local and EU-wide – are a space to hold discussions in various languages, reach out to local communities, focus on specific topics or highlight the role of particular groups or sectors in the Climate Pact.
Excited to organise your own satellite event? We publish information on satellite events on the Pact website and promote them on social media.
What is the European Climate Pact?
The European Climate Pact will help us all shape the green Europe we want.
Have your say, contribute and play your part!
We need to work together to tackle climate change and environmental degradation and to grasp the opportunities arising from decisive action and sustainable lifestyles.
The Pact’s main objectives are twofold:
- spreading awareness
- supporting action
The Pact will connect people and organisations from all walks of life to:
- improve our understanding of climate and environmental challenges
- develop solutions big and small
- find ways to influence and change behaviours
- trigger and scale-up positive change
We are not starting from scratch. The Climate Pact wants to provide a fertile ground to existing initiatives, networks and movements that have already begun to revolutionise the approach to climate action in Europe.