From food and clothes to cosmetics and mobile phones, our consumption has a considerable impact on the planet. Want to tackle that challenge? Then raise your voice at our upcoming Youth Dialogue!
Here’s what you need to know…
Event: European Climate Pact Youth Dialogue
Location: Live Online
How can I join? Via Facebook
You’ll be able to submit your questions and comments while watching online.
Stay up to date, register to the Climate Pact newsletter here!
Interested in learning more? Here’s what the EU is doing.
|European Commission Executive Vice-President, Frans Timmermans|
|Biliana Sirakova, EU Youth Coordinator|
- adaptation to climate change | climate change
Our future relies on our ability to transition to a circular economy – not only ensuring that companies manufacture goods in a sustainable way, but also changing our own habits as consumers to repair, reuse and recycle products, giving them a second life wherever possible.
2022 is the European Year of Youth and we want to hear from young people across Europe! Share your concerns on issues like overconsumption, waste and planned obsolescence, but also your ideas for making the future of Europe greener and more sustainable for everyone.
Join our Climate Pact Youth Dialogue with Executive Vice-President of the European Commission Frans Timmermans, young Climate Pact Ambassadors and youth civil society organisations, to discuss:
- How to ensure that shoppers have access to information about the sustainability of products they buy, from food to electronics.
- How to avoid greenwashing and ensure that consumers can trust the sustainability claims made by producers.
- How to design products that have a longer lifespan to avoid ‘planned obsolescence’.
- How to make our energy consumption greener and less dependent on fossil fuels.
- How to make the fashion industry more sustainable with less waste.