- Thematic areas
- climate education & awareness raisingenergygreen areas: trees, biodiversitygreen buildings, renovation wavegreen skillssustainable foodsustainable transport
European Climate Pact Ambassador in Slovak Republic
Daniela Piršelová, former tv reporter, and tv news presenter, founder and organizer of the CLIMATE CONFERENCE SLOVAKIA, Spokesperson, Climate Crisis Communication and Advisory at THE UNION OF TOWNS AND CITIES OF SLOVAKIA
CLIMATE CONFERENCE SLOVAKIA as a platform is organized by the civic association CLIMATE COMMUNICATIONS SLOVAKIA and is the first Climate Conference for a public audience in Slovakia founded in 2017 with the main goal - addressing the Climate Crisis humanly and understandably in the language of the general public audience. Founder and organizer is Daniela Piršelová, a former television reporter who deals with this topic at work and in her personal life, and Peter Krajčík, a Climate Leader trained by Former Vice president USA Al Gore, who has been working on the issue for more than 10 years.
Other activities of CLIMATE CONFERENCE and CLIMATE COMMUNICATIONS SLOVAKIA as Civic Assocation (NGO):
- Pushing climate crises topics to the Slovak media in the language of the general public audience.
- Cooperating with The Union of Towns and Cities Slovakia (ÚMS) to prepare municipalities and take appropriate steps to fight climate crises and to officially declare a climate emergency.
- Mission Australia, helping to replant corals on the most damaged sections of the reefs caused by global warming and climate change.
- Bringing exclusively An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth To Power documentary movie back in 2017 to most of the Slovak Cinemas to raise awareness on climate crises in Slovakia