- Thematic areas
- climate education & awareness raisingenergygreen areas: flora, biodiversitygreen buildings, renovation wavegreen skillsoceans and other water-relatedsustainable foodsustainable transport
I am María, oceanographer and environmentalist with a wide professional experience related to the environment, marine environment, climate change and sustainable blue economy. I was born in Sanlúcar de Barrameda (Cádiz, Spain), at the mouth of the Guadalquivir River in front of the Doñana National Park. Perhaps, for this reason, I have always felt a great fascination for the marine environment and for nature.
As a Climate Ambassador, I will promote the objectives of European Green Pact at local, regional, and national level, collaborating at national, European, and international level. In doing so, leading by example, inspiring, and connecting with others will be essential. Specifically, as an ambassador I will be responsible for:
- Reporting with scientific and technical data on the climate and biodiversity situation in the media
- Organising and participating in talks and events
- Participating in projects, technical and/or scientific papers and disseminating them
- Carrying out volunteer actions and involving others, especially at the local level (community garden, coastal bird protection campaign, collection of plastics on beaches, etc.).